Welcome to Nu-Way Builders LLC
Replacing your roof, siding or windows on your home is something you will probably do once in your lifetime.
When roofing, siding and windows are done right, you get a beautiful, comfortable home that’s more economical to heat and cool, and more attractive to buyers when it comes time to sell.
But when roofing, siding and windows are done wrong, your home becomes your own personal nightmare.
Let me explain what I’m talking about…
Don’t let this happen to you!
- Did you know most roofing, siding and window products fail because they were poorly installed?
- Did you know that poorly installed products void the manufacturer’s warranty?
- Did you know that roofing contractors receive more complaints than any other service based business?
Making a mistake by hiring the wrong roofing, siding or window contractor can cost you tens of thousands of dollars.
I don’t want that to happen to you.
Whether you work with my company (Nu-Way Builders) or not, by the time you finish looking at my site, I want you to be better informed so that you can make a great decision that will be right for your family and right for your home.
How to hire a roofing, siding or windows contractor
Here’s how I would hire a company to do what we here at Nu-Way Builders do every day.
1. I would check out the contractor with the Better Business Bureau before contacting them. This can be done online. For example, my company’s profile is here and the reviews for my company are here. The Better Business Bureau allows customers to post positive, neutral or negative reviews. If there are negative reviews, there should be a clear history of the contractor resolving them. Better yet, the contractor should have resolved those issues long before a customer felt compelled to contact the Better Business Bureau.
2. I would ask if the contractor is licensed and certified. I would find out what kind of license or certification they have.
- Licensed: For example, our license is from the State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services. To qualify for the license, we need to complete rigorous training and continuing education requirements.
- Certified: In addition, we are certified by Owens Corning. Among other things, that means we must have at least four years of experience and no unresolved complaints with the Better Business Bureau. These kinds of credentials weed out legitimate contractors from fly-by-night outfits.
3. I would ask for referrals, and I would talk customers who have worked with the contractor. Here are some of the questions I would ask:
- Weather permitting, were the workers there every day until the job was done?
- Was the job completed on time and on budget?
- Was the job completed on time and on budget?
- Did the contractor do a quality job?
- Were there any issues, and, if there were, did the contractor take care of them promptly?
- How was the job site maintained? Did the workers protect the homeowner’s property? Was the site cleaned up promptly?
I would also ask how much of the contractor’s business is referral business. (For example, 70% of our business is referral business.) Referrals tell a story. Referrals tell you that the contractor did the job right, the homeowner is happy with the work, and the value being offered for the price is right. Referrals mean that the homowner is inviting friends into a high trust relationship.
Look for testimonials like these:
“Your workers were exceptionally friendly and courteous.The work was done very professional with quality products. We will definitely keep you in mind for any additional work we may need done.” ~ Elmer & Barbara S., Milwaukee
“As a business owner, customer service is important to me. I Hired Nu-Way based on initial contact and meeting with owner—Craig. All work and materials used were fully explained prior to the start of the job. All workers were a delight to have at my home. Trustworthy! Beautiful Job!” ~ Terre K., Milwaukee
“We are very pleased with the work done and the friendly crew that did it. Our neighbors love their new roof and their neighbor is very pleased with his new porch. You can sure be you’ll be the first and probably be the only one we will ever call for any future work. We will be happy to recommend you. Thank you!” ~ Robert & Beverly L., Milwaukee
“I would use this company again in a heartbeat. [Craig] was fantastic from the quote to the finished product. This is a no pressure no hassle company. His quote was right on the money, not a penny more. They took extra care of my landscape and pool, not one flower got broken; amazing. Thank you so much!!!!!! ~ by Patti B.
4. I would ask for estimates from three or four contractors. Keep in mind that the lowest bid is not always the best bid. You’re looking for the best value and the most competent proposal. Did the contractor specify precisely what work will be performed, when it will be completed, what materials will be used and any other details that are important to you (e.g., when and how payments will be made, etc.)?
5. I would only work with someone I feel comfortable with. If they tried to pressure me—at all—that would be a definite “no” for me. Who wants to work with people who are hard to get along with? And I would never, never, never work with someone I didn’t trust.
I’m here to help
I know the process of hiring a contractor can be confusing and, at times, overwhelming. That’s why I invite you to contact me here at any time with any questions you have. I’ll be glad to answer your questions and share my years of experience with you. If you live in the Milwaukee area of course I want you to work with Nu-Way Builders. But I’m even more interested in making sure that you make the right decision for you, for your family, and for your home because life is too short to hire a contractor who doesn’t do the job right the first time.
Products We Install
Why Choose Us?